Bereaved Parents of the USA
The Chicagoland Chapter is a local support group of the national organization, Bereaved Parents of the USA (BP/USA), established in 1974 to offer support, understanding, encouragement and hope to other bereaved parents, siblings and grandparents after the death of their children, brother, sister or grandchildren.
We have resumed in-person meetings each month with a simultaneous Zoom component.
For information and/or the Zoom invite, please contact
Sally Yarberry at firstname.lastname@example.org, or 708-738-0396.
The chapter now meets the Second Tuesday of each month 7:00 p.m.
Bereaved Parent Meetings are
- A place to talk about your child. A place to remember the joys of their life and the pain and struggle of living without them.
- A place to meet other parents who have in fact survived what may seem impossible to you right now.
They are not
- “The answer” grief is not a problem to be solved.
- “Pity parties” although there are tears and sadness, there is hope
- “Closure” you close on a house, not the death of a child
What Do You Do at a Bereaved Parents Meeting?
There is usually… a time to tell your story (if you choose to) a time of remembering birthdays and supporting each other on death anniversaries.